3.1.10

It's time to diet!

It is a brand spanking new year and, as such, the season of resolutions.  A lot of people make resolutions, but not many keep them.  I myself have an astonishing three day resolution record and that was only because I was sick in bed.  I blew this year's resolution two hours into the new year.  I vowed that I would stop saying the word 'okay' all the time.  Mainly because it makes me sound like an old, valley-girl, cheerleader wanna-be as well as being incredibly annoying.  (Being able to annoy yourself is a unique talent and as it happens I have that talent in abundance.)  The point I'm trying to get to is this,  many people make many resolutions. 

So here is where it gets real.  Most people resolute( it's my blog, I am allowed to make up and misuse words as much as I like) to lose weight and get in shape.  Most of these people will not make it to the end of January.  Why?  Because Hershey's, Cadbury, and the makers of M&M's somehow make their chocolaty goodness addicting.  I can think of no other rational explanation.  Why else would someone, not me of course, but someone, eat an entire bag of M&M's in one night?  Why I ask you?

Through hard earned experience, I have learned some very valuable keys for effective and lasting weight loss.  The first is very simple, don't eat an entire bag of M&M's yourself.  Second, the use of a pedometer can be a great asset.  A very great asset indeed.....if you remember to put it on.  This is very important because it is impossible to pad your pedometer numbers.  (not that I've tried)  Third, and the last for tonight, use a scale.  Mine is an excellent prop for some unstable shelving.  It is just the right height and very sturdy.  Using these three simple tips lasting and effective weight loss can and is achievable.  Okay?

No comments: